Thursday, May 31, 2012

home-styling guest post

For Mr and Mrs Smith New Home

Hello, I'm Ana from Home-Styling and I'm thrilled to be the guest post for Ashley today. I was very happy about this challenge because in my very busy life as a, decorator, executive producer for a home makeover Tv show, creative director for an Interior Design Store, CEO for my producing company, mother and blogger, I thought I was going to have a hard time to have an idea for a special post for Ashley in such a special time of her life...

Too much stuff to think about and what to do!? I was very happy when I asked Ashley what would she like me to post about and she answered: "I'd be really interested to hear your advice on blending feminine and masculine elements in a room. It's something I'm trying to find balance with right now - i love light and airy looks - lots of white with silver
and pink, but I don't want the whole apartment to look girly and want J to love our place too."

That is a wonderful great challenge for everyone so I had a lot of fun putting it together and this is what I came up with.


So Ashley likes white, airy, stylish, feminine rooms like these with lots of

white, silver and pink.

I do not know about Mr. J's tastes, but he must be a very cool stylish man

judging by the gorgeous Pink Tie!










I think this would be a perfect mix of white, gray, black and lots of white 
and some feminine pink details.

The black and white stripes definitely make a masculine strong enough statement to add a romantic chandelier, a venetian mirror or pink chaise.
Don't you think?

Enjoy your new home Mr. and Mrs Smith!

Ana Antunes
and
* Thank you for sharing my passion for beautiful homes *




Photos via: Veranda, Living Etc, Pinterest