Monday, July 16, 2012

summer DIY bucket list

inspired by bloggers who have shared their summer bucket lists, i'm sharing my summer (DIY) bucket list. don't worry, my summer is full of concerts, date nights, girls' nights, and weekends at the lake, but i'm also really excited to add some style to our apartment.
we started the beautification project last year by refinishing our hand-me-down wood furniture and painting it white. it was a labor of love, but we had so much fun doing it and it gave us such a sense of pride and accomplishment. we're not ones to buy super expensive pieces right off the shelf (nor do we have the budget), so DIY projects are a perfect way to update/transform a space without breaking the bank.



DIY to-dos


this weekend, i finished #1 on my list (with the mr.'s help) and i am SO excited to share the results with you. check back tomorrow for photos and video of my DIY paintings that now hang above our couch.